Pool workouts are one of the most effective ways to combat obesity. If you practice water sports quickly and efficiently, your figure will be corrected without harming your health. The pool has a complex effect on the body and not only destroys fat deposits, but also improves the general condition.
Does the pool help you lose weight?
Scientifically proven workouts for weight loss. The water creates high resistance that increases muscle tension in standard movements. At the same time, the joints and spine are only minimally stressed. This condition ensures that you are in the pool without the risk of injury, regardless of whether the person can swim.
During a measured swim in the pool for one hour, up to 600 kilocalories are burned. With intense physical activity, this number can be increased to 1000 kcal. Regular training has a positive effect after a month in the pool.
Swimming does not apply to building muscle. This sport strengthens the muscles and gives them endurance. Hence, it is almost impossible to accidentally inflate a strong arm or trunk while trying to lose weight.
Swimming is popular because of a number of advantages:
- quick effect of burning body fat;
- Strengthening the respiratory tract and the cardiovascular system;
- effects on almost all muscle groups;
- minimum number of contraindications;
- positive effects on flexibility, definition and attitude.
To lose weight, it is recommended to train 8 to 12 times a month in the pool.
Benefits of the workout for weight loss
Swimming against obesity is more effective for women than for men. Pool workouts consume more calories than running. Depending on the swimming style, the following is burned per lesson:
- 500 kilocalories - rabbit;
- 520 kilocalories - breaststroke;
- 560 kilocalories - on the back;
- 570 kcal - butterfly.
In addition to the destruction of body fat when swimming:
- prevents the development of flat feet;
- stimulates lung function;
- keeps women's physical fitness in position;
- has a massage effect.
To burn excess weight, the water temperature in the pool should be between +24 and +28 degrees Celsius. You need to switch styles during exercise. Before swimming, you should warm up: before and after immersion in water. In the initial phase, the duration of the training should be 30 minutes. In the future, the teaching time will increase to 1 hour.
For weight loss, we recommend intensive swimming - at the beginning of the training, slowly and relaxing - at the end. After class, you shouldn't eat anything for an hour and a half to cement the effect.
You can get the most out of your pool workout by combining swimming and aqua aerobics.
The best exercises
The basic slimming complex consists of swimming and aqua aerobics. Weight loss workouts for women and men are different. For the female sex, the following complex is provided:
- crawl for 10 minutes - warm-up phase;
- swim for 5 minutes without the help of the legs - load on arms, shoulders, chest muscles;
- alternation of clamp and crawl for 10 minutes - the main stage;
- swim with a board for 10 minutes - put weight on the legs;
- swim 10 minutes at increasing speed - main stage;
- Swim slowly for 15 minutes in any style - the last step in relaxation.
After swimming, it is recommended to do aqua aerobics or take steps underwater.
The training for men is carried out as follows:
- warm up - 5 minutes;
- swimming in any style with increasing speed - 5 minutes;
- Board swimming with just feet - 10 minutes; Back - 10 minutes;
- swimming at an alternating accelerated and slowed pace - 15 minutes;
- Slow, relaxing swim in any style - 15 minutes.
The list of basic aqua aerobics includes:
- jump in the water;
- jerks off the side of the pool;
- runs in the water.
Aquagym is usually supervised by a trainer. Self-exercises are not recommended even for experienced swimmers.
Take off your stomach
A comprehensive program has been developed to remove fat deposits on the stomach and sides, including:
- water aerobics;
- ab exercises;
- waist exercises.
Aquafitness also makes the skin more elastic. This feature minimizes the risk of stretch marks after burning excess weight. Aquafitness includes the following exercises:
- jogging underwater, up to the waist and above in the pool;
- Pushing and pulling the swimming board with your hands in the pool up to your chest;
- back with legs.
Water aerobics creates the effect of force loads. It is recommended in addition to aqua fitness or people who do not feel the stress. Aquagym consists of a series of exercises:
- jumps up to your neck in the water with your arms straight - you should try to touch your palms with your toes.
- jumps with legs wide apart in the water up to the chest - at the moment of the jump the legs are brought together and spread as far as possible when diving;
- Raise your legs to your chest in the position of a henchman on your back in the water
Water off work consists of two main exercises. They are very effective, so they are recommended to almost everyone who visits the pool:
- raising your legs to your chest at the same time while lying on your back in the water with your arms outstretched;
- lifts your legs with a fitball sandwiched between them and leans back with your hands on your side.
The number of repetitions for each exercise can be set individually. You need to walk in the water between exercises. This action relaxes the muscles and creates a massage effect.
Waist slimming exercises are performed in depth without touching the bottom of the legs:
- revolutions of the upper body (to maintain balance, at the moment of movement, you can press your leg to your chest);
- alternately raise your knees to your elbows, keep your hands behind your head (it is allowed to stand in the pool up to your chest and touch the ground).
In order to maximize muscle growth, it is recommended to do the listed exercises together.
For slim legs
The pool leg training consists of two phases. In the first phase, simple warm-up exercises are carried out. The second phase includes a series of actions aimed directly at burning fat and exercising muscles.
The warm-up phase is carried out as follows:
- spreads and brings the feet together in the water and holds on to the side;
- alternately swinging legs forward, standing in the water; Footsteps in the water;
- bends the knee and lifts the toe to the buttocks while standing;
- jump forwards and backwards on two legs.
These warm-up exercises are performed for 5 minutes. They can also be used in an exercise program. To do this, you need to increase the number of repetitions and the duration of each action.
The following applies to complex muscle training:
- Cross step with high intensity;
- high jumps in place;
- stretches with one side.
The optimal number of repetitions for each exercise is 20 times. People with poor physical fitness can reduce the amount of exercise.
For removing the buttocks
Exercises for slimming the buttocks also work on the hips at the same time. Hence the complex for these parts of the body is similar. The training is carried out in stages. First you need to step into the water up to your chest and then do the following:
- alternately cross arms and legs while maintaining an even posture;
- Jump in place with your arms raised.
Then steps are taken in the water. This exercise also trains the back muscles. The execution time is 15 to 20 minutes. To consolidate the effect, do the following:
- swing your legs with one side and stand up to your neck in the water;
- Alternative leg lifts back towards the buttocks;
- Bicycle and scissors with pasta.
It is recommended to alternate the listed exercises with swimming. This sport is able to tone the buttocks and hips independently, creating a nice relief and removing fat deposits.
To emboss, press
Abs are included in every pool workout routine. The abdominal muscles are very enduring and therefore need to be trained more often than others. To eliminate body fat and prevent it from building up, the following exercises are performed:
- lift straight legs at an angle;
- twist the body;
- Scissors, lying with your back on the water.
In the pool you can do almost all exercises that are used in a standard ab workout.
In order to achieve a high quality effect in a short period of time, the tempo must be changed when performing the same actions from fast to slow and vice versa.
For cellulite, a series of exercises that affect different muscle groups is performed. The task of exercise is to tone the whole body. The exercises are carried out in four steps:
- first stage- lifting and bringing the straight arms in a standing position up to the neck in the water with open palms, jumping on two legs for 2 minutes (alternating in several approaches);
- second stage- alternate leg lifts up at an angle of 45 degrees and puts your back on its side;
- third level- jumping on one leg with raised leg and arms outstretched (legs alternate);
- fourth level- bending the knee forward, standing with the other foot on the bottom of the pool.
The above exercises can be accompanied by: torso rotations, scissors, knee lifts, swings.
In order to combat cellulite effectively, training in the water must be alternated with swimming. It will take a lot longer to get a quality effect in sports or swimming.
Water aerobics consists of two phases: warm up and main. The first stage consists of simple exercises:
- inhales and exhales with the arms raised in the water;
- a grinder with the help of hands with movements in different directions (hands are completely in the water);
- bends in different directions - the neck should not fall below the water level;
- jumps out of the water;
- Bend your knee towards your buttocks with a lift.
The warm-up phase is mandatory before moving on to the main phase. The second phase involves physically demanding exercises that can lead to injury if you skip the warm-up. The main exercises are:
- swing your legs up and sit with your buttocks on the bottom of the pool with the water level reaching up to your chest.
- jumps into the water from a crouch (is performed in the minimum depth);
- scissors with your feet in deep water up to your chest;
- Turn your waist in the water, hold it to the side.
Walk in the water at rest between exercises. Standstill can freeze. Aqua aerobics burns body fat three times a week.
Pool training is an effective method for losing weight. Water exercises include a series of exercises that aim to train the entire body. However, in order to achieve maximum effect with minimal health risk, pool training should be performed strictly according to instructions and under the supervision of a trainer.