The drinking diet is intended for those who are looking for a quick and effective way to lose weight. Like the Paleo Diet, it is essentially simple but relatively difficult to perform. You don't have to be smart about your diet, but you do need to curb your cravings for tasty things. But instead of extra pounds, there will be good health and self-confidence.
This is one of the most effective weight loss techniques. It cannot be otherwise, since the diet involves the rejection of solid foods for several weeks. And a switched off "food tap" is a good reason to throw away ballast.
Special features of the drinking diet
The essence of a drinking diet is that the body temporarily stops receiving solid food. The main component of the diet for the period of the diet is water. It is the basis of every dish. Only watery, mushy dishes are eaten. The diet of a starving person consists of broths, cereals, juices, and fermented milk products. And from water, of course - you have to drink a lot of it.
The effectiveness of the diet is measurable - in a week of a semi-Spartan life you can lose up to 5-10 kg.
The classic diet is a 30-day drinking marathon. However, since it is only available to strong-willed people, there are gentler options - for 7 and 14 days.
The number of days is important, but in the end the numbers are relative. For those who cannot or cannot follow a weekly diet, no one minds starving for up to a day less. Short term diet changes are useful for those looking to shed a few pounds quickly. For example, before going on vacation.
The number of diet days is not directly proportional to the number of pounds lost. The greatest effect occurs at the beginning. The efficiency decreases over time. But in general, a drinking diet can't do without some addiction - how many days you "stick it out", so much of the regimen you are about to get.
Advantages of a drinking diet
A slim figure isn't the only benefit of drinking.
- The layer of fat melts before our eyes; Food intake, which leads to the appearance of deposits, is minimized, meaning the body has no choice but to extract calories from fat stores.
- there is a global cleansing of the body - the work of the gastrointestinal tract improves, slags disappear, the skin becomes clean, all kinds of rashes disappear, a feeling of cheerfulness and lightness appears; The stomach slumps and doesn't need as much food to feel full.
- willpower increases and self-esteem increases; the transition to "water" is not easy to cope with - it is logical that a person will feel stronger after the marathon; Well, this, in turn, can only help build self-confidence.
Remember that in the classic version, the duration of the diet is a month. The hollow organs are cleaned for the first 10 days. Lightness and energy appear. A side effect can be a white coating on the tongue.
The second decade is the time of kidney and liver renewal. Sometimes this comes with a little discomfort in that area. In the past ten years the body has been renewed at the cellular level. Without contraindications and adhering to the regime, the starving person will become noticeably slimmer in the finale. His skin becomes clear.
Despite the benefits, a drinking diet is not for everyone. It's quite radical and requires consulting a doctor. No matter how healthy the body is, it becomes stressed when it rejects solid foods. And there is always the risk of a negative reaction to a change in diet.
- It is not always possible to maintain a balanced intake of nutrients, and this is fraught with systemic flaws - you can have gastritis, decreased immunity, anemia, etc;
- Instead of lightness, it can lead to drowsiness and weakness: this is natural, since the body lacks components from which it builds an inner balance.
- There is a risk of a false exit from the diet: a sharp transition to solid food is fraught with problems in the gastrointestinal tract, which are weaned from such a burden.
- the need for a lengthy exit from the water diet - it takes twice as long as the diet itself;
- uncontrolled feeding after a period of "hydration" can lead to a quick return to the original weight;
- the need to give up physical activity or to reduce the intensity of "physical education", as strength decreases during this time and the body cannot expend additional energy.
Diet is contraindicated:
- children and the elderly;
- breastfeeding and pregnant women;
- people with chronic digestive problems and diseases of several other organs (liver, kidneys, etc. );
- in diabetes mellitus;
- for people who are prone to edema;
- for those who suffer from high blood pressure and diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Before starting such a diet, you must undergo a medical examination. If you experience unpleasant symptoms during the drinking diet, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Weight Loss Mechanism
The main asset of the method is water. It helps satisfy hunger pangs without getting any calories in return. And when you add a few high-calorie foods to regular water, you can easily achieve a feeling of fullness without burdening yourself with kilograms of fiber.
Food on the water is well absorbed by the body. This prevents the body from absorbing fat. With good absorption, the metabolism is also activated - the key to rapid weight loss. Some diets are linked to dehydration. In our case, this is not threatening at all. By consuming water and watery foods, the starving person maintains the water balance. And that usually not only has a positive effect on the figure, but also on well-being.
Such a diet means that you will have to neglect solid foods for a while. And that doesn't mean you can drink whatever your heart desires. Alcohol, fatty dairy products, coffee and cocoa, packaged juices and carbonated drinks must be refused. Fat broths and foods containing glucose, vegetable oil, and sugar should be excluded from the diet.
If you choose to go on a drinking diet, your menu should include:
- drinking water (at least 1. 5 liters per day);
- freshly squeezed juices - including fruit and vegetable mixes;
- low-fat broths; preferably homemade (beef, fish and chicken) - you should abandon bouillon cubes and similar products; can be flavored with non-nutritious spices; strain before using the broth - there are rules; You cannot cook broths on bones;
- low-fat dairy products; it is desirable that the fat coefficient is not more than 1, 5-2%;
- sugar-free jelly and compotes;
- fruit teas;
- Diet puree soups.
A little was said above about what to drink on a drinking diet. From drinks, in addition to water, you can use juices, compotes and jelly. It is recommended to prepare everything yourself - it is important to know the composition of the drinks. Kisses and compotes should be cooked from fresh fruits, berries and dried fruits. The diet won't spoil the oatmeal jelly.
All juices can be used, including vegetable ones. But in the priority drinks made from apples and citrus fruits. Of the latter, grapefruit and orange juices work best. It is desirable that the juices be freshly squeezed. And no sugar!
Nutritional principles and rules
It is impossible to sit on such a diet without prior preparation. It is impossible and abrupt to switch to the usual diet. Both phases - entry and exit - should go smoothly. Only when this condition is met does the body have time to adapt to changes.
Preparing for a diet
A few days before switching to "water" you have to avoid salty, sweet and floury foods. Alcohol and carbonated drinks are excluded from the diet during the preparation phase. A few days before starting the diet, you need to eat mainly soups, cereals, and fruits / vegetables. Lots of salads and natural juices. This will help the body rebuild and prepare for the "food course" change.
Principles of the water diet
A water diet involves a number of conditions. Among them:
- temporary, but complete rejection of solid foods; Only liquid ingredients are used in food, and the most useful and nutritious are those that are possible on a drinking diet.
- decreased physical activity; "Hungry" diet is associated with a temporary decrease in tone, so it is necessary to calculate the load on the body. In this case it is not easy to replenish the strength.
- Switching to a fractionated diet - it is recommended to eat 4-5 times in small portions a day;
- The lack of nutrients must be compensated for by the intake of mineral and vitamin complexes as well as fish oil.
- Stool observation: If, among the side effects of constipation, the use of laxatives may be useful; At least one visit to the toilet is required every day.
- maximum diet duration - 30 days; Do not follow the guidance of iron willpower and arrange a lengthy "race". It is recommended not to repeat the diet more than once a year. At the same time, you can follow an additional short-term diet throughout the year.
Proper withdrawal from the drinking diet is the key to maintaining result and health. A sudden transition to a normal diet will most likely result in a quick return of obesity. The body will not benefit from jumping from one regime to another. There is a great risk of digestive system failure.
For these reasons, it is very important to smoothly return to your old diet. The basic principle is that the exit time should be twice as long as the duration of the diet. After a month of weight loss, it takes two months to recover. Did you follow the regime for a week? You have to get two of them out.
What is the gradual exit from the diet with drinking days? Let's look at the example of the most popular operating intervals.
End the 30-day course
A period of two months is sufficient for the organism to adapt to the previous culinary realities. For a couple of months there is no need to remember about fat, spicy and salty. New products are added to the menu at such intervals that the original diet can be fully restored by the end of the term. During the entire period, you should maintain the hydro-balance provided for in the diet - continue to drink at least 1. 5 liters of water per day.
Approximate two-month exit scheme:
|1||Oatmeal is added to the breakfast diet|
|2||The menu comes with a cheese sandwich and a boiled eggadded|
|3||The diet is expanded to include fresh vegetables and fruits|
|4||Fish and poultry, vegetable salads return to the menu|
|5+||Time to return to the usual menu. Do not forget about the exclusion of fatty, spicy, fried and salty. It is recommended to arrange fasting days at regular intervals.|
Finish the 14-day course
One month is required for a 14-day drinking diet. New products are added to the menu every 2 days. On the first day after the diet, the diet is supplemented with liquid oatmeal. It is consumed for breakfast. The rest of the meals are given to liquid foods. Little by little, at the specified intervals, the menu is replenished with fish, meat and chicken broth (without salt), fresh berries and fruits, stewed in water and boiled vegetables.
It is advisable to start supplementation at the earliest 2 weeks after the start of the exit phase.
Finish the 7-day course
Drinking a diet for a week takes 14-15 days. The principles of getting out are similar, only in this case the menu is replenished with solid products every 1-2 days. Food needs to be chewed very thoroughly until it is liquid. This will reduce the stress on the gastrointestinal tract and allow it to painlessly exit the diet.
It is advisable to make sure that fruits and vegetables are not too sour or too sweet. Among other things, it is recommended to save foods with a lot of starch and complex carbohydrates at the end. The body uses too much energy to digest such food.
Physical aspects overlay psychological ones. "Thanks" to the weakness, you can get out of the diet and prematurely. And together with it, and "pick up" what they have already dropped. To prevent this from happening, you need to motivate yourself. In order to do this, it is best to consider the rewards that dieting brings.
Menu for 7 days
The 7-day drinking diet does not differ from longer diets in terms of food. It is recommended to change the ingredients daily. This allows the body to receive a wide variety of nutrients.
An example of a 7-day menu with a drinking diet could look like this:
|1||Low-fat dairy products - yogurt, kefir, milk|
|2||Pureed soups, meat and vegetable broths|
|3||Fruit juices (always fresh)|
|4||Various fruit tea options|
|6||Fruit and berry compotes|
This is the difficult option. But effective - most of the menu is devoted to water. The latter is the default, the daily amount has already been said. To avoid the appearance of puffiness, it is advisable not to drink before bedtime.
Less harsh options include ingesting more "filling" foods. In these cases it is recommended to include, for example, vegetable puree soup in the daily diet.
Results and feedback on nutrition
The main motivator for following the drinking diet is before and after the results. Until one person experiences the effectiveness of the program, the successes of others inspire heroism above all else. And there are successes. And considerable.
The nice thing about the program is that there is no reason to doubt the effectiveness of the drinking diet - the ratings and results are based on the simplest principle. When the body is receiving less fat, it is definitely using the ones it had previously stored.
The main problem with nutrition is its stiffness. The key to getting through the marathon is believing in the effectiveness of the diet. Therefore, taking into account other people's achievements, it is better to test your strength on a short-term diet. Following the stated principles weekly will save you a few pounds. This means that you can switch to the classic 30-day period in the future.
Better yet, to lose weight together. Judging by the reviews, many are doing just that - looking for friends in misery. Kind support sometimes means more than your own determination to walk the path to the end. And again, we remind you that medical advice should not be neglected. Along with body fat, you can also lose health. There are many ways to achieve your goal, and the water diet is just one of them.