Only a complete overhaul of the diet can help you get rid of excess weight and get your figure in order. Today there are a lot of nutrition tables, which makes it difficult to choose. It is important that a weight loss course not only rid you of the hated kilograms, but also does not harm your health. The keto diet meets these requirements.
The essence and principle of nutrition
The nutrition table got its name from the ketone bodies that are formed in the body through the lipolysis process (the penetration of excess fat cells into the blood). If there is a lack of carbohydrates, a program to search for energy in the fat layer is activated.
The main thing about dietary restrictions is the exclusion from the menu of dishes made from carbohydrate products. Fats and proteins are retained as a source of energy.
Since carbohydrates are the best source of energy, the body looks for them in stored fat layers and thus accelerates the metabolic processes. Thanks to this launch, processing is fast, which leads to a reduction in body weight. Therefore, the keto diet is very popular.
When you are on the keto diet, you should control the amount of carbohydrates and calories in foods. It needs to be nutritious to keep vital systems functioning normally.
Basic rules, what is allowed, what is forbidden?
For the nutrition table to be effective, a few rules must be followed:
- Include moderate amounts of fat in your diet for nutrition and energy.
- Calculate the calorie content of meals to ensure performance and normal well-being.
- Maintain the water balance throughout the day.
- Ask your doctor before introducing a carbohydrate restriction.
- Take the food slowly, preferably according to a scheme consisting of 4-5 meals.
- You need to cook dishes with a minimum of time for heat treatment. It is better to give preference to raw vegetables.
- The daily carbohydrate intake should not exceed 100 g.
- Use herbal teas, green tea and freshly squeezed juice as drinks.
List of approved products:
- chicken, turkey;
- fermented milk products with low fat content;
- hard cheese;
- low-fat fish;
- fresh vegetables;
- fruits (sour);
List of prohibited foods:
- fatty, smoked, fried;
- semi-finished products;
- drinks with gases and preservatives;
- spices, salt;
- baked goods and confectionery;
- potatoes, beets, carrots;
- sweet fruits;
Sample menu for a week
The ketone diet includes a sample menu. It must be balanced and take into account the human body's needs for nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Consider an example of a menu for a week to get rid of the hated pounds.
- 3-egg omelette, a slice of rye bread with cheese, protein shake;
- brown rice, steamed chicken breast cutlets, hard cheese;
- protein cocktail, nuts;
- Oven-baked fish with vegetables, freshly squeezed apple juice.
- Paprika filled with cottage cheese with herbs, herbal tea;
- Seafood soup, rice with vegetables;
- steamed turkey, mixed vegetables, a slice of hard cheese.
- steamed fish cakes, vegetable slices, protein shake;
- vegetable stew, fish baked in the oven with cheese;
- Rolls filled with vegetables and cheese.
- Quark casserole, protein shake;
- vegetable soup, vegetable salad with rice and boiled chicken;
- oven-baked eggplants with cheese and tomatoes;
- steamed fish meatballs, vegetable salad.
- omelette, cottage cheese, yogurt;
- vegetable stew, fish with vegetables;
- protein shake;
- cooked turkey with vegetables.
- eggs filled with herbs and mushrooms, yogurt;
- Seafood soup, vegetable slices, cooked chicken breast;
- freshly squeezed apple juice;
- Fish baked with cheese, kefir.
- Omelette, sprinkled with hard cheese and herbs, yogurt;
- Wild rice with vegetables, boiled chicken breast;
- protein shake;
- Veal steak, vegetable salad, kefir.
- Pepper with quark filling.Mash the low-fat cottage cheese in a bowl. Add chopped herbs and an egg, mix. Pour boiling water over the peppers and let stand in hot water for 3-5 minutes. Then cut off the top and remove the core. Fill the vegetable cavity with the cheese mixture. Put in the oven for 5 minutes. Drizzle with sour cream before serving.
- fish meatballs.Remove the skin from the pollock and cut off the fillet. Finely chop the meat with a knife. Add a little onion, salt, finely grated cabbage and an egg. Stir the minced meat, form balls from it. Steam for 15 minutes.
- casserole.Mash the cottage cheese in a bowl, 1 egg, grated zucchini, boiled cauliflower, cut into inflorescences, add 1 tablespoon of semolina. Stir thoroughly. Pour the mixture into a mold. Sprinkle the top with chopped hard cheese. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream and herbs.
There are no strict restrictions on the duration of the low-carbohydrate diet. The properties of the organism play an important role in determining the time.
Depending on your goal, you can choose one of the three existing types of keto diets:
- Permanent, is used for 1 week to a month (only fats, fiber and proteins are used).
- Strength for athletes (carbohydrates up to 100 g are allowed).
- Cyclical, whereby the menu is supplemented with carbohydrate products once a week.
In any case, after a month you should take a break of at least 3 weeks to saturate the body with the nutrients contained in carbohydrates.
How many kg can you lose?
A weekly diet can reduce body weight by 2-4 kg. Excess fluid is released in the first 3 weeks. Subsequently, there is weight loss due to a decrease in body fat.
According to ratings, the following results were recorded:
- in 2 weeks - minus 3-6 kg;
- per month - minus 7-11 kg.
In order to maintain and improve the result, you should introduce new products in small portions and gradually. If it is porridge, then no more than 1 time a day, 100-150 grams. Try not to consume fresh baked goods. In general, you should reconsider your attitude towards fried and smoked products. In addition to the harm, there is no benefit to the body from such foods.
If you have an irresistible desire to eat your favorite dish that is not recommended for consumption, you can prepare a fast every 10 days, that is, treat yourself to a small serving in the morning. Such obsessive thoughts about food won't haunt you all the time.
Exercise is no less effective for continuing weight loss. It is enough to spend 20 to 30 minutes a day to keep muscle mass in shape and strengthen it. Hiking and outdoor activities give you strength, energy and a good mood.
Advantages, disadvantages and contraindications
- Fast result.
- Other menu.
- Easy to carry without being hungry.
- Does not affect muscle mass.
- Does not suppress the mood.
- Constipation and a feeling of heaviness in the stomach can occur.
- Glucose deficiency.
- The first 3 days can be uncomfortable due to a change in diet.
Before making a significant change in diet, you should consult a doctor in order to rule out contraindications. Ignoring the recommendation can lead to deterioration in health and a worsening of chronic diseases.
Avoid low-carb diets if:
- identified mental disorders;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- diagnosis of oncology;
- hormonal disorders;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- gastrointestinal diseases.
It is also worth removing the restrictions during the rehabilitation phase after an operation or a serious injury. Young people and the elderly are also prohibited.
During the period of low carbohydrate intake, the digestive system and bowel can fail, causing constipation and gas.
To avoid such problems, it is recommended to pay close attention to the water balance. In addition, during a period of restrictions or after a course, it is worth drinking a complex of vitamins to replenish the missing useful vitamins and minerals.